Mechanical engineering is engineering that studies the application of physical principles to the analysis, design, manufacturing and maintenance of a mechanical system. This science requires an in-depth understanding of the main concepts of the branches of mechanics, kinematics, material engineering, thermodynamics and energy.
There are so many benefits gained from a graduate of the Department of Mechanical Engineering including:
- The automotive industry is in need of Mechanical Engineering graduates to design motorized vehicles.
- Likewise with the aerospace industry which requires a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering to design and assemble aircraft.
- Companies in the manufacturing and automation industry also need to be no less in need of Mechanical Engineering graduates.
- Mechanical Engineering graduates have an important role in creating tools that fit the needs of biotechnology.
- The knowledge and knowledge about energy conversion that you get in college will be a very high selling value, given the number of companies competing to create tools from renewable energy sources to help human activities.
Knowledge and Expertise of Mechanical Engineering Students to be gained while attending education at the undergraduate level, namely:
- Understanding of physics
- Understanding of mathematics
- Understanding 2D and 3D images
- Technical drawing ability
- Ability to operate AutoCad
- Ability to work in teams
- Ability to research
- Ability to do analysis
Faculty of Engineering Mechanical Engineering Study Program, University of Medan Area organizes undergraduate level education in an effort to develop quality competency-based science and technology and is responsive to the progress of Engineering Technology in the Field of Materials, Manufacturing and Energy Conversion.
Energy conversion focuses on how to make machines that can convert an energy into another energy, Engineering Technology in the field of Materials focuses on the process of designing machines and their simulations, and also focuses on developing and manufacturing new materials by considering the atomic structure of the constituent material itself. Finally, there is the Machine Production Engineering (Manufacturing Process) which focuses on research and development of manufacturing machinery.
Therefore in choosing the right campus, Requires careful thought to determine the desired majors / fields of study. Because it will support you in doing work in the future. For those who like the field of Mechanical Engineering, the condition is you must have a great interest in the field of design and design of renewable tools which will be very beneficial for all people in the community, industrial companies in the country and abroad.
Medan Area University , is the right choice of Private University. Where this campus has been accredited B by BAN-PT and provides facilities that support the development of your abilities in the academic and non-academic fields.